This is custom heading element
Breeze Harvester is a proposal to develop a building model of 36 subsidised, bioclimatic, sustainable and green dwellings with high spatial quality and energy self-sufficiency. The proposal is located on a site with good accessibility to equipment, green areas and public transport networks. A homogeneous distribution that encourages neighbourly relations between diverse groups.
Breeze Harvesteris a proposal to develop a building model of 36 officially subsidised houses in Palma de Mallorca that have high spatial quality and that are sustainable, green, climatic and energetically self-sufficient.
The proposed building volume is affectedby the surrounding conditions (orography, building heights, type of roads) and is oriented in a specific way to maximise efficiency criteria. The existence of a large subsidised group of housesthat is stable over time and well distributed in the different neighbourhoods is one of the best guarantees of social cohesion in a city.
Bioclimatic architectural strategy:
- Balanced densification: a compact but fragmented and permeable building model is proposed, turning the airflow and the entry of natural lighting into the protagonist.
- Flexible house classification: the coexistence of different residential programmes (family dwellings of several sizes) is facilitated to accommodate groups or to meet specific needs with the promotion of flexible classifications that can be adapted to different ways of living.
Constructive solution: systematisation and modularisation.
It is a compact but fragmented and permeable building model where the airflow and the entry of natural lighting become the protagonist. Elvira Carrión, Architect #IDEAteams
Bioclimatic energy strategy:
The ecological alternatives of these bioclimatic houses are mainly focused on:
- The consideration of surroundings as an environment to be revalued and the reopening of the building to its surroundings.
- A return to natural ventilation systems and the emergence of a new concept from the combination of all types of air conditioning systems.
- Artificial outdoor air conditioning only acts as a back-up system when comfort conditions cannot be achieved naturally or mechanically.