Modernisation of the Petrochemical Plant, Talara.
IDEA hhas participated in the modernisation of the Talara Refinery in Peru, providing multidisciplinary engineering design, calculation and delimitation services for Rack E-O No.1 metallic structure and foundation, located in Unit 34 (interconnections), in addition to the structures of three buildings, “G”, “J” and “K”, in area 2 of Unit FCK, both included in the Modernisation Project of the EPC Talara Refinery developed by UTE TR TALARA.
The scope of the services provided for this detailed engineering and structural calculation turnkey project to modernise the Talara Refinery were as follows:
Calculations and lamination checks, taking into account the AISC-341_10 standard
- Rack structure and optimisation.
- Metallic structure period.
- Base Shear.
- Special Moment Frame.
- Beam Stability Bracing Determination, i.e., the number of longitudinal bracing beams to be placed between the gates at all elevations.
Designing all plans:
Designing all construction plans to completely define the foundation and metallic structure.
Developing calculation reports on metallic structure and foundation:
- Dimensions: Length: 493 m; Surface area: 5,234 m2 and Volume: 64,316 m3.
- The total weight of E-O Rack No. 1: 3,850 ton.
- Dimensions of the structure on plant:
- Structure G: 8.10 m x 7.40 m on plant and 56.70 m height
- Structure J: 24.5 m x 8.00 m on plant and 24.80 m height.
- Structure K: 5.00 m x 5.00 m on plant and 31.975 m height.
- Total weight of the three steel structures: 855 tons.
Once again, our client Técnicas Reunidas demands our services for their international projects, requesting our great technical training, as well as our wide experience developing detailed engineering design and structural calculation works in the Oil&Gas sector.