The aim of the project is to bring a new hospital model through modular constructions using shipping containers to increase the system’s capacity and minimise the consequences of COVID-19.
- From the construction point of view, the aim is to demonstrate how BIM and generative design are capable of speeding up the development of detailed engineering projects, according to the characteristics of each client and context. Therefore, it can be a reference for the design of emergency facilities or facilities with extremely short execution times.
- From the energy point of viewthe aim is to reach the levels of energy demand and the contribution of renewable energies to achieve the Nearly Zero-Emission Building ((NZEB)criterion through demand reduction, intelligent energy management and self-generation with renewable sources.
- From the environmental point of view, the aim is to design the building with a view to obtaining the highest possible rating in the two most widespread international green building certification schemes, LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and BREEAM (Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method).
- FEASIBILITY STUDY ACCORDING TO LOCATION
– Co-creation Open Day for the Definition of Requirements
– Definition of Critical and Health Aspects
– Environmental, Energy and Other Conditioning Aspects
– Commercial Viability Assessment and Assessment Template Drafting
- STRUCTURAL CALCULATION AND DEFINITION OF PRE-DESIGNS FOR INDIVIDUAL DISTRIBUTION
– Definition of pre-designs and individual distribution of the common service facilities, taking into account all the previously-defined critical health aspects.
- DEFINITION AND CALCULATION OF FACILITIES
– Electrical connection or self-generated power Emergency electrical supply. Water Supply and Aanitation. Electricity. Air conditioning and air treatment. Hot water system.
- QUALITY, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
– Ensuring comfort conditions
– Verification of regulatory compliance
- BIM MODELLING DEVELOPMENT
– Identification of client requirements EIR: all information requirements needed for the project and preferences on how they should be managed are defined.
– Drafting of the specification for BIM modelling: BEP (BIM Execution Plan).
– BIM means modelling from intelligent elements, so prior to modelling, a documentation and organisation work must be carried out from the geometries and databases, as well as from the families and starting elements, according to the BEP.
- DEFINITION OF PRE-DESIGNS FOR THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE CONTAINERS
– Distribution Pre-Design
– Simulation of the location possibilities according to the set of possible input combinations
– Selection of the inputs that provide the desired results.
– Selection of acceptable and ideal pre-defined assemblies and drafting of final report.
– Calculation of energy demands Simulation of energy consumption, and analysis of renewable energy generation potential
IDEA, within its EPC project business unit, will be offering its clients this new type of solution. Whenever a client requests a hospital project, IDEA will offer – within its portfolio – the possibility of developing and offering the modular hospital service. This will attempt to solve problems such as the lack of beds on a ward and ICU, the expansion of a hospital or the construction of a new one, in situations of pandemic crisis– as we have recently experienced – or catastrophes due to earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, etc. It is also a solution of great interest for developing countries, which may lack sanitary facilities.